Do you feel sad, empty, or numb most days? Are you avoiding friends and family? Is the thought of getting through another day unbearable? If so, you may be suffering from depression. Depression affects 3 million Americans every year - you aren't alone.
At South Tampa Counseling, we specialize in treating depression to help our clients get their life back on track. Alicia Eddy is clinically trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy which is the leading form of psychotherapy treatment shown to reduce depressive symptoms. When depression hits, it can hit hard. Alicia Eddy cares deeply about her clients and is committed to providing a safe, comfortable space to help you express even the most difficult feelings. From the first session, she will help you explore the underlying roots of your depression and help you learn practical skills to alleviate your symptoms. Depression is very treatable - if you or a loved one is suffering, please don't wait to reach out. Give us a call today to see how we can help.
Everyone is affected differently by depression but common symptoms include:
- Feelings of hopelessness or despair
- Persistent sadness or anxiety
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies or activities
- Feeling fatigued, empty or “slowed down”
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as insomnia or sleeping too much
- Changes in appetite
- Weight loss or gain
- Reoccurring thoughts of death or suicide
- Self harm behaviors or suicide attempts
- Restlessness or irritability
- Physical Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems